The IFIP/IEEE IM 2017 symposium invites proposals for research prototype demonstrations. As a high-profile, leading edge forum for researchers and engineers in the field of network and service management, IM 2017 offers a unique opportunity to showcase applications, engage with a highly skilled and innovating audience and discuss emerging technologies and recent research prototypes with key thought leaders.
Demonstrations showcasing working systems, innovative applications, groundbreaking ideas, and novel concepts related to network and service management are welcome. In particular, we are seeking the following types of contributions:
- Demos from student authors about the concepts presented in their paper(s),
- Demos from all other authors of accepted contributions in the main conference and workshops,
- Demos from faculty and academic research groups related to IM 2017 key topics,
- Demos from industrial researchers.
An award for the best student demo will be presented at the IM 2017 closing ceremony.
Submission Guidelines for Demos
Prospective contributors are expected to turn in a demo proposal in the form of a 2-page paper in IEEE conference double-column format, preferably incorporating a demo system architecture illustration. Demo papers will be peer-reviewed and accepted papers will be included in the electronic conference/workshops proceedings bundle provided to IM 2017 delegates and will be subsequently made available via IEEExplore. Demo papers should be submitted via JEMS by January 13 and camera-ready versions should be uploaded via JEMS (link with JEMS IM'17 Demo page once created) by January 29. The demo proposals will be reviewed by the IM 2017 program committee and will be approved based on availability of demo space as well as on the following criteria:
- Extent and significance of the research contribution,
- Potential impact on the audience,
- Quality of the proposed implementation,
- Presentation quality.
At least one author of each accepted demo proposal is required to register for the IM 2017 main conference and present their demo at the scheduled demo session(s). Submit your proposal through JEMS.
January 13, 2017(extended to January 23, 2017)
- Acceptance notification: February 2, 2017
- Camera ready: February 10, 2017
Please feel free to contact the demo Co-Chairs if you have any questions regarding the demo content or setup.